One of the first things that happen when you get a new home is you’re handed a set of keys. These keys signify ownership, and they come with a responsibility. This responsibility is to ensure the locks on your home are secure and protect you, your possessions, and your home. Some of the best locks available are high-security locks. If you’re considering making your home more secure, it’s useful to take a look at the best front door high-security locks available. Let’s take a look at some now.
Traits of Good Front Door High-Security Locks
How do you know if a high-security lock is right for you? This can be easily determined by the number of excellent qualities that high-security locks possess. There are several important traits to note about high-security locks, including:
- Drill Resistant: High-security locks prevent criminals from using this method. Anti-drill plates and hardened steel ball bearings can either protect the drill from entering the lock or from the drill being effective. This makes high-security locks worth it for many.
- High-Quality Hardware: Lock producers skimp on production costs by using hollow spaces or plastics in the production of their locks. A lock made of cheap metals or plastics is pointless, no matter what security measures it may be marketed as having to stop picking or drilling. Fortunately, high-security locks are heavier because no plastic is used. Metal is the only material.
- Bolt Strength: The bolt strength is essential to stop intruders from using heavy equipment or their own strength to break through. Only a heavy bolt can withstand brute force and heavy ramming equipment.
Click here to learn more about the value of having a high-security lock.
Best Front Door High-Security Locks
There are many security systems nowadays that are high-tech. They might seem complicated, but they are actually easy to install. To help you pick the right front door high-security lock for you, read on for a list of industrial-strength deadbolts and locks.
- Schlage Deadbolts
Schlage is one of the market’s oldest padlocks and door locks brands. They are well-known for their high-quality, protective line of products. This is no different for their line of high-security locks. Schlage deadbolts are made of pure, premium metals. Combined with their lifetime warranty, it makes their deadbolts the most durable and high-security.
- Kwikset Doorknobs and Deadbolts
Alongside Schlage locks, Kwikset locks are well-known for being cost-effective and some of the best security options on the market. High-security Kwikset locks use nickel construction. Additionally, like Schlage, Kwikset offers a lifetime warranty and guarantees reliability.
- Master Lock High-Security Locks
Master Lock is another example of a company with a large selection of locks of all shapes and sizes that is sure to meet your front door high-security lock needs. There are some Master Locks that feature heavy-duty steel. Because it is a higher brand of locking system, you also get a lifetime warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a lock “high-security?”
A lock is high-security when it cannot be tampered with or is impenetrable to manipulation. An example of this is a deadbolt. Deadbolts are the most common and effective form of high-security locks.
How do I know if a high-security lock will work on my front door?
To confirm whether you can put a high-security lock on your door, check its dimensions. If you want the best fit, the dimensions of the front door high-security lock should match the dimensions of the lock space on your door as much as possible.
How should I install a high-security lock?
When installing high-security locks in your home, use high-quality and large-sized screws. Someone can easily tamper with your door locks if you don’t use the right screws.
Choose Spider Locksmith
Whether you are looking for locks for your home or business, there’s one place you should call: Spider Locksmith. Spider Locksmith is your trusted local team that is prepared to give you the resources you need to stay safe. Contact Spider Locksmith today for any help you may need in making a decision on high-security locks.